Hospice Benefits and Coverage
Medicare has covered hospice care since 1983. It is one of the most generous benefits that Medicare provides at little cost to terminally ill patients or their caregivers. These services are most often provided right in their own homes and can provide their regular caregivers a much needed break and support.
To have a free consultation with a hospice provider to discuss your options for care under the hospice benefit, all you have to do is call. If you decide to go ahead, the Medicare Hospice Benefit will cover the costs of a trained team of medical and support staff to help you and your family with the following:
- Doctor services, provider services and nursing care, plus around-the-clock on-call support provided 24/7 by our own local registered nursing staff.
- Medical equipment and supplies delivered directly to your front door.
- Medications to control symptoms and pain. Our “Comfort Kits” are specifically prescribed for the needs of each individual patient.
- Homemaker and home health aides offer a wide range of services from showers to light house chores.
- Social worker services provide assistance in quality of life so our patients can live life to the fullest each day.
- Short-term respite care in a nursing home or other type of long-term care facility for up to five days at a time if your caregiver needs a rest.
- Support for your caregiver and family members and if requested, coaching on how best to help meet your needs.
- Grief and loss counseling for you and your family.
Treasure Valley Hospice accepts the list of insurance plans below:
Medicare*Idaho Medicaid*Altius*Blue Cross/Regence*IPN (Umbrella Plan)*Allegiance Benefit Plan Management*AmeriBen*Assurant*Auxiant Benefit Administrative Systems*Best Life Insurance and Health Company Cigna*Coastal Administrative Services*Coresource*Cypress Benefit Administrators*DakotaCare Administrative Services*EBMS*EMI Health*First Administrators*GWH- Cigna*TriCare*United Health Care.
Treasure Valley Hospice is always willing to seek other individual health plan contracts in an effort or provide the very best care to every patient we are given the opportunity to care for. All you have to do is call.